I’m extremely fortunate. My job as a pilot with one of the biggest international airlines in the world takes me all over the world. I get to visit cities that I only dreamed of before. So, with all of that in hand, I thought that I could share my love for food and photography through this website.
I realize that there are plenty of food blogs out there and a lot more robust than mine, but my aim is simply to provide a detailed review of must-try restaurants and cafes from around the world as well as sharing some of my favourite recipes learned on my travels. Hopefully, the articles will inspire you to tread off the beaten path once in a while or perhaps splash out on a fancy meal when visiting a foreign city.
I would love to hear from you. Your feedback and experiences will prove valuable and if you have suggestions of places that I should try then please do write to me.
Above all, enjoy the articles and THANK YOU for sharing this journey with me.
THE FLY FOR FOODS RATING SYSTEM
So how exactly do we come to our rating score? Well, it’s a 10 point scoring system (from Summer 2017) split across 5 different categories each with different weightings.
FOOD (5 pts)
- Is the restaurant using quality ingredients? Its quite easy to tell if produce is fresh or frozen etc.
- Are the dishes creative and unique?
- Is the food presented appropriately and with pride?
- Does the food taste “Good”?
- Does the food taste “Mind-blowing”?
SERVICE (2 pts)
- Do the waitstaff provide an appropriate level of attention?
- Are the waitstaff knowledgable about the menu and restaurant?
AMBIENCE (1 pt)
- Is the restaurant clean, welcoming with a good vibe and decor?
VALUE (1 pt)
- Does the restaurant menu prices represent fair value?
THE ‘TRIPLE F’ FACTOR (1 pt)
- The hardest and most subjective point to award. It’s a point awarded for an intangible quality that can not really be described but basically represents perfection.